My Blog List

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!


Here they are! Here are the cookies that were sent to three people that I was matched up with for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap.  I have to say that this is the first time that I have participated in a cookie swap with people that I did not know.

It was such fun, and I plan on participating next year.  Let me show you what I received from my matches that sent me cookies.




how cute are these?????


First, I received cookies from ApronofGrace.  Let me just say how much I loved her care package.  Mary of Apronofgrace even sent me a lovely handmade heirloom apron.  Wow it is beautiful.  It was so thoughtful to include a little something and i will certainly do that next year for my next matches.


This picture does not do this apron justice!

Then I received my other two care packages.  These cookies were a healthy mint chocolate chip.  Very different, but good.  The next picture is the third care package I received.  They were a slice and bake type cookie, very colorful!  I dont think the photo does them justice.





I am thankful to my matches for all their hard work in putting together such nice packages.  I cannot wait until next year to particpate again and make more new friends!

OK... now let me give you my recipe for my Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of peanut butter
1 tsp. of baking soda
3 c. of flour
1-2 bags of miniture peanut butter cups

Cream sugars and butter, then add in eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and peanut butter.  Mix in flour one cup at a time.  Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place in mini muffin pans.  I usually use about four of these mini muffin pans.  Bake at 375 for about 15 mins until just golden.... (they will look like little muffins) then as soon as you take them out of the oven stick an unwrapped peanut butter cup in each one. (work quickly, and have your candy unwrapped ahead of time).  Put in refrigerator to harden and then you should be able to gently twist them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment