My Blog List

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Homemade Turkey Stock


Liquid Gold!!!!!!!! thats what I call homemade stock.... I just love using this stuff in my casserole and other skillet dishes.  I made two turkey breasts this year for Thanksgiving and did not want to just toss the two breast bones so i used them, along with some seasonings to make a bone broth.  Bone broth on its own is very, very good for you, not to mention its what a flavorfull soup is made of.  I think I will try a cannelli bean, sausage and kale soup with some of this broth. Oh Yeah!!!!

To make this put your turkey breast bones in a stockpot and just fill up with water to cover the bones. 

I added 1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of tyme, marjorum, pepper
1 tsp cajun seasoning

Bring to a boil, bring down to a simmer and cook for about 2 1/2 hours.  Pour through a strainer into containers and freeze.  Defrost the day before you need to use it in a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment