My Blog List

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cheez-It and Oreo Bark


I have to say that this is just one of those recipes that no matter what you add in it, you really cannot go wrong.  I first saw this posted on vanilla sugar's blog (I love her blog) and just had to try it.  I have actually made it for a work luncheon one time before.  I think the salty-sweet snack satisfies so much more than just sweet or salty.  This is a real easy thing to make with the kids, since the only cooking involved is melting the chocolate.

Cheez-it and Oreo Bark

2 12oz packages of white chips
1 1/2 cups of Cheez-its
1 1/2 cups of bite sized Oreos
2 tsp to 1 tbsp. of shortening

In the top of a double boiler, melt the white chocolate chips, then add 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon of shortening.  Once the chocolate is all melted, stir in your cheez-its and oreo's and coat them well.  Pour into a 13 X 9 foil lined pan and spread out.  Refrigerate until hard, then cut into pieces.  I have an Ulu knife that my friend brought back for me from Alaska, which is just perfect for jobs like this because of its round blade.

Get creative, you can also use pretzels, or try some lightly crushed plain potato chips, or some peanut butter sandwich cookies...dried fruit such as cranberries, make it your own.  You can also change out the shortning for coconut oil as long as it is the refined coconut oil.  The unrefined will add a slight coconut taste.

By the way, this would make a great gift for anyone on your list!


No comments:

Post a Comment