My Blog List

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Homemade Cranberry Sauce


Can I tell you something?  In all my years of making thanksgiving dinner I have never bothered to make cranberry sauce.  I really have no reason except that I was under the impression that no one liked it.  Well, I guess not too many people like the store bought stuff, which in my opinion, leaves something to be desired. But after making it myself, I have a new found love for the REAL THING.  You must try it at least once to understand how delicious homemade cranberry sauce can be.

Homemade Cranberry-Orange Sauce

1 12oz. pkg of fresh Cranberries
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
The zest and juice of one orange

put all the ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan and cook on medium heat until the mixture boils.  Boil for about 3 mins and then turn on simmer and cook for roughly 10 mins.  During this time you may mash with a potato masher, the berries that have not burst.  Transfer to a glass bowl and cool.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Thats it!!! its that easy....

No comments:

Post a Comment